M, b. 7 October 1834, d. 1 August 1880
|Father||Matthew Gardner1 b. c 1785, d. 5 Jun 1874|
|Mother||Euphemia Dalziel1 d. b 1869|
|Relationship||Grandson of Matthew Gardner|
|Charts||Descendants of Matthew Gardner and Margaret Martin (#1)|
Descendants of Matthew Gardner and Margaret Martin (#2)
|Janet Henderson Robertson Gardner b. 24 Dec 1829, d. 20 Apr 1905|
|Marriage*||He married Janet Henderson Robertson Gardner, daughter of Robert Gardner and Ann Robertson, on 3 June 1869 at 26 Roxburgh Street, Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland.4|
|Last Edited||31 Jan 2012|
- [S611] Cambusnethan Parish (Lanarkshire, Scotland), Old Parish Registers, OPR 628/3, p. 148, George Gardener baptism (23 November 1834); digital image, ScotlandsPeople (http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk : accessed 26 May 2011); citing O.P.R. Births 628/00 0030 0050 CAMBUSNETHAN.
1834, p. 148
George Gardener Son to Mathew Gardener at East Carbarns and Euphemia Dalziel his spouse was born on the 7th Octr & baptd 23rd Novr. 15th Child
- [S624] 1841 census of Scotland, Dunbartonshire, Cardross registration district, enumeration district (ED) 3, p. 16, Matthew Gardner household; digital image, ScotlandsPeople (http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk : accessed 26 May 2011); citing GRO Census 1841 494/00 003/00 015.
- [S626] 1851 census of Scotland, Dunbartonshire, Cardross registration district, enumeration district (ED) 3, household schedule no. 54, p. 18, Mathew Gardner household; digital image, ScotlandsPeople (http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk : accessed 27 May 2011); citing GRO Census 1851 494/00 003/00 018.
- [S28] Scotland, marriage certificate for George Gardner and Janet Gardner or Rodger, 1869; digital image, ScotlandsPeople (http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk : accessed 05 August 2010); citing statutory marriages 564/03 0122, Renfrewshire, Greenock West registration district; General Registry Office, Edinburgh.
- [S26] 1871 census of Scotland, Renfrewshire, Greenock Parish, West Greenock registration district, emuneration district (ED) 26, household schedule no. 29, p. 6, George Gardner household; digital image, ScotlandsPeople (http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk : accessed 4 August 2010); citing GRO Census 1871 564/03 026/03 006.
- [S1017] George and Janet Gardner photograph, May 1872, privately held by Hazel Gardner, [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE], Ashtead, Surrey, England, 29 May 1999. This photograph was scanned by David Gardner Crouch from a collection of loose photographs, albums, bibles and other family papers that originally belonged to Rev. Alexander Gardner, minister at Brechin. On his death in 1893, this collection passed to his nephew, Matthew Gardner, post master at Rock Cottage, Ardentinny, Argyll, Scotland. It is presently owned by Hazel Gardner, the widow of Charles Aitken Gardner. Charles was a grandson of the Matthew Gardner of Rock Cottage mentioned above. The caption on the back of the photograph reads "Geo. Gardner, wife, child & step daugther, May 1872." The photographer's label on the back reads "Richards & Ludlam, Photographers, Paxton Terrace, Barrow-in-Furness."
- [S609] England, death certificate for George Gardner, died 01 August 1880; citing 8e/543/497, Barrow-in-Furness registration district and subdistrict; General Registry Office, Southport.