Walter John Elliott
M, b. 18 March 1892, d. 31 July 1917
|Birth*||Walter John Elliott was born on 18 March 1892 at 30 Gordon Road, Northfleet, Kent, England.1,2,3 |
|Baptism||He was baptized on 1 May 1892 at St. Nicholas of Myra, Southfleet, Kent, England.4 |
|(Son) Census||He appeared on the census of 1901 as the son of Walter John Elliott at 237 Dover Road, Northfleet, Kent, England.2 |
|Occupation*||Walter John Elliott was a motor and cycle repairer circa 1911 at Southfleet, Kent, England.3 |
|(Son) Census||He appeared on the census of 1911 as the son of Walter John Elliott at Springhead Gardens, Southfleet, Kent, England.3 |
|Milit-Beg*||Walter John Elliott began military service on 29 January 1916 at Dartford, Kent, England.5 |
|Milit-End*||Private Walter John Elliott (G/19067), "A" Company, 10th Battalion, Queen's Own (Royal West Kent Regiment) was killed in action on 31 July 1917 at Ypres, Arrondissement Ieper, West Flanders (West-Vlaanderen), Belgium, during the Battle Of Pilckem Ridge.5|
|Death*||He was killed in action on 31 July 1917 at France at age 25.6 |
|Burial*||He was buried in 1917 at Bedford House Cemetery, Ypres, Arrondissement Ieper, West Flanders (West-Vlaanderen), Belgium.7,8 |
- [S2112] England, birth certificate for Walter John Elliott, born 18 Mar 1892; citing 02a/538/287, Strood registration district and Northfleet subdistrict; General Registry Office, Southport.
- [S2118] 1901 census of England, Kent, Northfleet, p. 37, Walter Elliott household; digital image, Findmypast (http://www.findmypast.co.uk : accessed 28 Jul 2022); citing Class: RG13; Piece: 715; Folio: 50; Page: 37.
- [S2133] 1911 census of England, Kent, Southfleet, Walter Elliott household; digital image, Findmypast (http://www.findmypast.co.uk : accessed 29 Jul 2022); citing RG14PN3812 RG78PN144 RD43 SD4 ED19 SN128, 1911 Census Returns of England and Wales, The National Archives of England, Kew.
- [S2130] St. Nicholas of Myra Parish (Southfleet), "Register of Baptisms [1854-1920]," p. 112, entry no. 893, Walter John Elliott, 01 May 1892; imaged, "Medway Council Heritage Services catalogues," database and images, Medway Council Heritage Services (https://cityark.medway.gov.uk/Details/archive/110010052 : accessed 29 Jul 2022), PDF file P343-01-07.pdf, p. 58 of 94; citing P343/1/7 held by the Medway Archives Centre.
- [S2138] War Office: Soldiers' Documents - First World War 'Burnt Documents', "Elliott, Walter C - Elliott William," unpaginated, entry for Walter John Elliott, enlisted 29 Jan 1916; imaged, "UK, British Army World War I Service Records, 1914-1920," database and images, Ancestry (http://www.ancestry.co.uk : accessed 30 Jul 2022), images 41750-41765 of 102175; citing WO 363/E298 held by the National Archives of the UK.
- [S1766] England, death certificate for Private Walter J. Elliott (No. 19067), died 31 Jul 1917; citing Return of Warrent Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Men of the Royal West Kent Regiment Killed in Action or who have died whilst on Service Abroad in the War of 1914 to 1921; General Registry Office, Southport.
- [S2136] Find a Grave, digital images (http://www.findagrave.com : accessed 30 Jul 2022), photograph, memorial # 11583112, gravestone for Private Walter John Elliott (31 Jul 1917), Bedford House Cemetery, Ypres, Belgium.
- [S2137] Bedford House Cemetery, Ypres, Belgium, casualty details for Private Walter John Elliott, died 31 Jul 1917; online index, Commonwealth War Graves Commission (http://www.cwgc.org : accessed 30 Jul 2022).